Wednesday, April 4, 2012

First Post, First Book

Well, this is it. I've never written a blog before but I've actually been thinking about starting this for over a year. I read all sorts of books and I always am looking for new things to read. One of my favorite things about books, other then reading them, is to share them with other people.

If you have any book suggestions for me I would love to hear them and to write a post about what I thought.




Blackout by Connie Willis

I am calling this a historical science fiction, if such a thing exists. With multiple characters throughout the whole of WW2, this book has incredible detail and scope throughout the entire war in England. 

It incorporates many different aspects of the war all as seen by time-traveling historians who find themselves cut off from their own time in 2060 and forced to try and wait out the war.

I loved this book so much but I forewarn anyone that reads this that it does not have any sort of conclusion. This and the sequel are really one story that has been split into two books. 

I haven't read the second book yet though I have been told that it is even better then this one. It's 491 pages and combined with the next book, All Clear, it's close to a thousand pages so it's not exactly what you'd call a quick read.

9 comments:

  1. Hey Em!

    Keep posting a Facebook update when you do a new post and I will follow along. It will give me a good place to check when I am looking for a new book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do! In case you didn't notice this was the book I was telling you about in the car.

      Delete
  2. Yay, you started a blog! That sounds like an interesting premise for a book, and I love pretty much any book related to World War II, so I may have to give this a try after I finish "Game of Thrones."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I've heard a lot about that book but I haven't tried it

      Delete
  3. Woot! I'm so excited to see this manifestation of your great idea for a blog! I'll definitely be checking it often and I might even start bugging you if you fail to post regularly. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dear. =3
      I'm planning on having a few guest posts when I get busy with classes and schoolwork.

      Delete
  4. Aha! Here is the book you were telling me about! I should go request it from the library so I can actually read it! It sounds really good! Incidentally, if you're looking for a guest poster, you should ask Sarah to do one on "Hungry", the book she just finished-- it's an autobiography, and very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, thanks for telling me. I'll ask her about it next time I see her.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete